Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Got Me Some Mags



Ah yes, remember mags??  Why don't they call the ones for tri-bikes 'mags'?  Instead they call them 'tri-spokes' or 'quad spokes' (that would mean 4).  Anyway, I had my mind set on getting some HED 3's, but for brand new
                           
ones, they were a bit out of my price range.  So for over a week I have been watching them on eBay.  I was out bid on a few sets, but there were two more sets with auctions ending last night so I was determined to get one.  However, I was not going to go over what I had in mind as my limit.  I ended up getting a set for about $100 less than I actually went to on the last pair that I lost out on, so that was nice. They are a little older (2005 or 2006), but the guy I bought them from claims to have had them stored for a couple years.  He says he was the only owner, raced 4 long course races with them, plus some training rides for race prep.  We know everyone is honest online so I figured I was getting a set of wheels for a fraction of the price with low miles on them.  They cost a lot less than the price of one new HED 3 wheel.  Nice.  Here's what they looked like on eBay.  Wheel see how they look when they arrive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After bicycling, its better to visit a chiropractor.
_________________
Chiropractor Melbourne