Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby Steps and the MN Winter Brick

I just finished a short run. It was the longest run I've done since October. I am trying to work out my hip problem. Never saw a doc so I don't know the exact problem, but I think I am getting better. I took two weeks off of running in December--did a total of two, 45 min recovery rides (instructing) and that was it. I started getting back into a regular training routine, but only small steps at a time. For running, I have been alternating jogging and walking for the last 3 weeks and have worked up to a solid jog for 30 minutes at a slow pace. My hip is stiff, but its feeling ok.

As for the MN Winter Brick, the short jog was the second part of the brick. First I shoveled for 35-40 minutes, then transitioned inside to some winter running clothes and headed out. The run was 29:30 at a 8:35 pace--went about 3.4 miles (GPS said 3.44).

Time to do a little more stretching...

Later.

No comments: