Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tempo Run Tuesday

Ok, so it was a Tempo run, but it's not what I do every Tuesday. This evening though, I did. I ran out the door at about 5pm, in the heat, and ran the 10k loop on the Festival Run course...again. This time my goal was to get in 20 to 25 minutes of Tempo paced running. For those that don't know what that is, to keep in really simple, its not quite race pace, but its harder than the pace you would do a really long run at. Generally zone 3. I ran the first half in zones 1 and 2, then the second half, which has all the rollers going up, up, and up, in zone 3. Sometimes I was in low zone 4. I started imagining the race and I actually went over my threshold for a brief moment...ouch.

The whole 10k took me just over 44 minutes at 44:07. My goal for the actual 10k race (which is more like a 6.4 mile as noted in an earlier post) is around 38 so I think I am moving in that direction. It's just a week in a half away.

No comments: