- I switched from the 1/2 marathon to the 5k (3.1 miles) because at that point I could only go about 5 miles without ITB flare up
- Race started fast, I got in front with no one around
- just before the 1 mile mark, I could hear footsteps. Runner pulls next to me, it was Dan Feda. I knew he would keep going right past me. He did just that.
- Mile 1 = 5:29. Fastest opening mile I've ever ran. I knew I would pay for that in about 8 more minutes. I did.
- I kept the gap that Dan had on me at about 100 yards for a little while, then I started to suffer--in the last 1/2 mile I slowed down quite a bit, and maybe Dan got faster. Either way, the gap got bigger.
- Finished race in 2nd overall in 18:32 (a new PR for me for a stand-alone 5k)
- Pace 5:58
- Sad thing is, is that the 1/2 marathon winner paced at 5:36. The marathon winner paced at 5:57. WTF (keeping it clean, that's "why the face")
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Med City Marathon, 1/2, and 5k
I totally forgot to write up a post-race recap. Since the race was over a week ago and is old news, I'll keep just to the facts: