Friday, May 7, 2010

Thursday Night TT's Started

Last night was the start of the TT's organized by Tri-Rochester.  It was cold, a little windy, but there was a great turn out.  I wanted to use the TT as a threshold test, but for some reason my HRM wasn't reading correctly.  Looking back, I don't think I wet down the transmitter belt pads enough.  Usually sweating will keep them wet, but I put the thing on over an hour before starting and didn't wet it very much.  Oh well.  As for my ride, it was a little slow compared to previous TT's on this course.  Hopefully other were a little off their pace due to the weather, first TT, etc. 

My PR is 33:10.  Last night I posted a 34:41 on the 14 mile course making for 24.2 av speed.  Its a hilly, rolling course, but doesn't have any sustained climbs.  There's a short one within the first mile, then two short ones within the last 3 miles.  Other than that, the rest of the course is constant false-flat/rollers.

Please check out the TT's if you live in the area.  There is no overall ranking, the are free for RASC, Velo, WOW, and TriRochester members.  They list your time on the TriRochester site so you can try to improve it over the 4 week series and see how you compare to others.

No comments: