As far as the Falls Du goes, I had a painful, but great race. A lot of talent showed up today which included a lot of fast runners. Here's a few that were there:
- Chad Millner, an accomplished tri/duathlete who usually races in the elite category if its offered (but I don't think he is a card-carrying Elite).
- Jesse Nelson, last years Falls Du champion and winner of several tri's/du's, track coach.
- Troy Vargas, raced at Worlds in 2009, just raced at Nat'l in VA last week, finished 3rd last year at the Falls Du, but was actually in first until the last mile of the race when Jesse, and Ian Lanza caught him--I wasn't very close to catch him, but did finish 4th in 2009
- Run 1 (2 miles)- 11:49, 13th overall (5:55 per mile pace)
- T1- 00:48
- Bike (14 miles)- 36:23, 2nd fastest bike time (23.1 mph av speed)
- T2- 00:34
- Run 2 (3 miles)- 18:40, 9th overall (6:14 per mile pace)
- 3RD place OVERALL FINISH @ 1:08:15
- 1ST AGE GROUP 35-39
RUN 1: It hurt like he//. Not the legs, but the lungs. I was in about 5-6th position for a bit and could still see Millner and Nelson, but then I think they increased speed as I decreased and they got so far out, I couldn't see them for much longer. A handful of others caught me and I was guessing I was in T1 in about 15th position or so, but I got there in 13th.