Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Training Room in Progress

A couple of years ago I put up a post showing what the home Spinning room looked like. Carin wanted some more space in there to yoga and the way I had it set up did not allow for enough room. I had a huge weight bench with squat rack in there and the bench stuck out quite a bit. So, over Christmas break (the kids had a break, I had to take some time off work) I decided to clear out the room, paint and patch it up, and reorganize it. Here's some before, during, and after photo's.








Old set up--above and below. You can barely see the edge of the TV in the very top picture. On the one to the right you can see the whole TV--I know, pretty state-of-the-art. Yes, that's Jack Bauer. Both pix show the trusty Salsa Campeon facing the tube.












The Spinner bike--sweet. This is also facing the TV, but perpendicular to the Salsa. The picture that shows the Salsa, the Ab-Roler, and the bench is the view as you enter the room . You can see that the weight bench sticks out pretty far. Also, the floor is pretty crappy. When we first moved in one of the first things I did was rip out the shag carpet that the prior owners had in there. Yes, shag. Also, the shelf with bottles on it on the top photo--see that? The wall actually had three shelves going all the way across. No idea. They were obsessed with shelves. The living room up stairs looked like someone shot it up with an oozie. They used anchors for ever damn screw they put in the wall as if the shelves were holding gold bars.
Below are a few pictures after I emptied out everything, tore down the last shelf, patched some holes, and started painting.























I will put up a post, maybe this weekend, showing you how it turned out.

No comments: