Friday, May 1, 2009

Kids...

So, Jace got these new shoes a few months ago and they 'wore' pretty well for a while. They're little Asics (Gel Galaxy 2). They sort of look like the mens 2130. He used to wear some New Balance, but those would completely stretch out and fall apart on the outside within weeks so we decided to go with the Asics this last time. The Asics seem to be holding out pretty well as I just helped tie his shoes when he did the 2 mile race a couple weeks ago. I didn't notice any problems other than normal 'kid' wear. Just the other day, I noticed that I could see his toes thru the front of the right shoe--and he was wearing socks! Upon further inspection, I found that he completely burned a hole thru the shoe, the insert, and his socks. Actually, he has a few pair of socks with the big toe area ripped right thru. I asked him why he didn't tell us his shoes were shot. He said "They're not. They're awesome!" I pointed out the obvious problems, but he insisted that they were his "lucky shoes" and he has to run the Kids Mile this weekend in them and that he has the 400 & 800 at school on May 12. "NO WAY. We're getting you some new ones" I said. Below more pictures of these 'Lucky shoes.' and the identical pair of new ones. Look at what a kid does to his shoes--I still can't believe it...

The date on the photos: wrong



























No comments: