25. One of your goals this year is to be faster at getting out of a wetsuit
24. You talk about a “hammer” and “brick”, but you’re not referring to construction
23. You spend 7 days going to 8 stores in 4 malls before buying a pair of running shoes but you take 1 afternoon to go to 1 car dealership and walk out with a new car 4 hours later. 2
22. That charming "cologne" you wear to work is chlorine.
21. You have more water bottles than glasses in your cupboard
20. You have enough pairs of old running shoes sitting in your closet to open your own shoe store 19. You immediately bow down before someone with the Ironman "m dot" tattoo.
18. You have NO idea what to do with yourself on your off day. You mowed the lawn, cleaned the house, washed the car, and there's STILL 4 hours of daylight left! Aarrgghh!
17. When you're always showing up to work in the morning with goggle imprints around your eyes
16. You have so many tan lines you look like a zebra (running socks, bathing suit, jersey, biking
shorts, tri shorts, sunglasses, gloves, watch, etc)
15. The first three items on your grocery list are Gatorade, power bars, and gels.
14. You get funny looks when putting on Body Glide on your neck because people think it's deodorant
13. About half the shirts you own have at least a dozen logos on the back of them.
12. You wait a couple of days to take your car in when the "check engine light goes on, but when
your bike needs a tune up you take it right away.
11. You refer to the front hall of your house as the “transition area”.
10. The one "suit" you own has a QR on the chest
9. When you get home from a training session, the newspaper is just being delivered to your house. 8. You consider work, regeneration time between training sessions.
7. Your bicycle is in your living room.
6. Your car smells like a locker room
5. There’s a separate load of laundry every week that is just your workout clothes.
4. When asked, how old you are you answer 35-39.
3. Your first thought when you wake up is how high your rest HR is.
2. Your spouse cried during Terms of Endearment; you cried during the television coverage of the
1. Most of this list doesn’t seem like a joke to you.